I was down for Pharrell, but he is in sore need of a thorough dragging to rid him of his White-gaze thirst and tacit respectability politics BS. I mean, what’s next, an “Accidental Racist” duet with LL?
Honorable mention to @LouMinoti:
Pharrell needs to come out and clarify this shit before everyone forgets him….Money corrupts some, for real……
Pharrell is a dummy for this shit.
Kill Shot = “if you can’t beat em, serve em”
where is the Tyra gif. “We were rooting for you! We were all rooting for you!”
- A show that takes place during the Harlem Renaissance
- A show that takes place in the south during the great migration or reconstruction era or about Black sharecroppers
- A show about Black LGBTQ WITH ACTUAL Trans* actors (I don’t want to speak over anyone plus add more of your ideas!!)
-Show about Black people during medeval times
-Show about Black people getting stuck in prison and there is an apocalypse and they have to navigate around the disaster/escape the prison
-A real show(I’m lookin at you AHS) about Black witches based in New orleans or the Carribean or California
-A show about a Black woman who is shy and suffers from social anxiety trying to navigate her world through college and the Black community
-A show about Black superheros who make a team
-A show about a Black cult or a close civilization in the middle of the mid-west
-A show about Black woman who doesn’t have to suffer in her personal relationships or make knowing judgements of participating in an unhealthy relationship vs thinking it’s a healthy relationship finding out the person aint shit. (I’m looking at you Scandal and Mary Jane)
-A show about Black person coming to terms with their sexuality or gender
-A show about a Black woman between 18-24 climbing up the corporate ladder
- Another show like girlfriends but in 2014, with addressing important issues and showing multitude of characters
-A black show about Black characters dealing with depression and PTSD trying to navigate life out of the hood without white saviors
-A show about Black woman poet
-A show about Black characters in white colleges and navigating through that
-A show about a dark skinned video vixen trying to rise into the top of that realm
-A show about Black sex workers
-A show about a magical Black girl and how she saves her friends after school
-A show about the Black arts movement/60’s-70’s (w/out the Blaxploitation)
-A show about middle earth with Black characters in all races like Elves, Dwarfs, Humans without it being congested to the ’ far east’ areas of middle earth or them being subservient to the VERY much white european kingdoms
-A show about Black fairies
-A show about Black people in space
-A show about Black people throwing over a white dictator
add more pleas ideas are important :]
a harlem renaissance show is my dream project
- A show about a black man or woman who effectively does super-spy work by being invisible (menial worker, homeless person, etc) but is actually a bad-ass killer.
- A show about a doorway to another dimension, found in a black working class home.
- A show about star-crossed lovers, who have been reincarnated throughout time (their past life stories could be flashbacked to) who used to rule a long dead and forgotten kingdom in an African country, who used magic to keep their souls connected even after their deaths. Each show would detail their lives and deaths in different spaces in time.
- A show about aliens arriving to our planet and observing humanity’s best and worst traits through the eyes of the most persecuted, the main character would inhabit the body of a black trans woman
- A show about an fictional elite sciences university seen through the eyes of a small supportive group of PoC friends
- A show about a full-figured black woman who makes a name for herself in Hollywood and navigates the racist typecasting as best as she can while juggling her personal life
- A show about an all-black town in the old West (yes they did exist)
- A show about a secret experimental biosphere in Antarctica, where the diverse cast of characters is lead by a black man or woman instead of the requisite white dude.
- A show about the de’Medici’s
- A show about the whole world being flooded out due global warming except for some mountainous regions in the Congo. All that is left of humanity is there.
- A satire that is a show within a show with the cliched popular white girl, love triangle, and her friends, -through the eyes of her black bff who finds it all hilariously ridiculous.
- A procedural about mysterious black hero who travelled in the south during Jim Crow solving and avenging race murders
We have…I think three or four black networks and not ONE, has ventured into in any matter of an imaginative ideas for their TV shows.
It’s fucking sad.
HEY!! BLACK PEOPLE WITH POWER IN HOLLYWOOD (OPRAH!! TYLER!!):
Don’t ever let Tyler see this, dear GOD.
I would like shows based on myths, legends, & gods from religions based Black centered cultures.
Absolute goddess of everything.
President of the carefree black girls
You not a legend until you take a pic with a big cat. Lol. The last one looks happy to be taking a picture with Beyonce. Lol
Get into Eartha tho!
Minnie was looking at that lion like, “One false move and I’m out this bitch!”
Fresh colors, frilly dresses and a lovely mani to match. Duhh.